Can I own "XYZ" parts kit in my state? Is it legal? Do I need an FFL?

EveryGunPart will ship to anyone over 18 years of age, (almost) anywhere in the continental United States, provided the parts are legal to ship to your jurisdiction.


Due to export restrictions, we do not ship to international addresses, APO/FPO/DPO addresses or U.S. territories including Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, or the North Mariana Islands.


We sell gun parts--and NOT guns. As we never sell receivers (the legally regulated part of a gun) or uncut frames (in the case of revolvers), our parts kits are legal for anyone in most U.S. jurisdictions to own. However, state and city regulations vary widely, so it is your responsibility to check municipal, state, or federal guidelines for your particular jurisdiction before ordering. All NFA rules and laws apply.

For more information, Wikipedia is one of several good resources online.

Do I need an FFL?

You do not need an FFL because we only deal in parts.

What about magazines?

Regulations regarding magazines vary from state to state. This page is one of several online which can be helpful. Find your state and look for "Magazine capacity restriction?"


Due to restrictions, some magazines cannot be shipped to CA, CO, CT, HI, NJ, NY, MA, MD, VT, WA, DC, or areas of IL.


Related questions


Copyright 2022 | Attention: No firearms are being sold on this site. WARNING: Products sold on this site may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.